- Last Friday’s enrolment is 986. It is a concern that enrolment is dropping.
2. COVID Quarantine numbers last Friday were:
Elem. - Students 15, Staff 2
MS – Students 29, Staff 2
HS – Students 18, Staff 0
COVID vaccine for staff was made available. We had 100 staff and 8 substitutes vaccinated.
- We have some information on the cost of repairs for our damaged busses. It looks like the insurance claim is going to be in the vicinity of $42,000.
- The special education hearing for an elementary student will be held the week before Spring Break.
- Intercom quotes for the HS are still coming in. Prices range a lot. At this time to give you an idea to replace the analog system with analog looks like about $12,000. To go digital would be about $18,000. Digital would mean rewiring the building. Will keep you informed.
- Construction Project Updates
I have placed an advertisement in the local paper to run this weekend and next for an engineer and architect. I plan to visit with any that show interest and recommend to the Board an engineer and architect. This is the process to take on a professional service like this.
- Baseball Locker Rooms - All donations have been received with the exception of roof trusses and they are on their way. We are currently waiting on drawings for this project. A discussion was held about relocating the locker room to the west side of the current bathrooms with a breeze way between them.
- Animal Building – We are waiting on the selection of an engineer to design this building. Board approved Van Horn to be the construction managers for this project.
- HS HVAC. Hopefully next week we can select an architect for this project and move on to the design phase.
The following is a summary of last night’s Board Meeting
- Call to Order at 6:00
- Parent Group and Kristina Robinson – Minority Discussion
A group of parents discussed with the Board their issues about taking care of minorities and the issue of racism.This discussion took about two and a half hours and included suggestions to deal with their concerns.Suggestions were made for education of administration and staff about dealing with minority issues, a no tolerance policy to deal with racial comments made by students, creating an integrated multicultural curriculum for students and several other suggestions.
- Consensual Items of minutes and financial report were approved.
- Educational Items
- Update by Mr. Pipkins covered EVA numbers, the administrations teams helping out with the fire at Queens Manor and our math specialist reported on success of our teachers with Illustrated Math implementation.
- Business Items
- Expenses > $10,000 approved as follows:
Arch Ford Ed. Service Co Op for various services, $64,246.00.
- Construction Project Updates
None at this time
- Principal Updates
Principals covered many topics including minority support, graduation and a long discussion was had on the possibility of having a district wide weekly digital day.
- Adjournment at about 10:30.
Have a great day,
Mayflower School District