Some items of interest are
- eSchool says our enrollment is 1023 plus 40 preschool students. This is down from last year. Last year's third quarter enrollment was 1034.
- The Special Ed. Due Process Hearing is scheduled to continue today and tomorrow.
- I have been selected to be on the AAEA Curriculum Committee for this legislative committee again this year. These meetings are normally on Wednesday afternoons and we go over proposed bills and for the committee to provide feedback on.
- The auditor is due soon. He will be based at the Central Office as usual.
- Luke and I spoke to DIS this week. Our internet access to the school district will be increased four times from 500 Meg to 2 Gig. The connection to elementary from MS/HS will be increased 2.5 times. The cost will be reduced from $975 a month to $728.
- I am going to start letting outside users use our facilities on a limited controlled basis starting the week of Oct 18. Sanitizing will be required by using a fogger and priority will be given for our student groups. Their use will be monitored. Groups may make an application at my office.
The following is a summary of our last night’s Board meeting.
6:00 The Annual Report to the Public was presented. It is located on our website.
Board Meeting followed the Report to the Public
- Call to Order
- Elementary awards
The recipients were recognized. The awards will be presented to the students tomorrow by Mrs. Watts. This is being done to reduce crowding in the HS Library.
- Consensual Items of minutes and financial report were approved.
- Educational Items
- Illustrated Math Update
This is the year we are implementing this program K-12 in the District. An overview was presented by the Math Specialist.
- Business Items
- Expenses > $10,000 were approved as follows:
Arch Ford Ed. Co Op for services, $69,245.08; Voyager Sopris Learning for language resources (Literacy Grant), $14,887.65; Van Horn Construction, $294.882.68.
- Student Transfers
None right now.
Tosha Mitchell – Elem. Computer lab assistant (teacher aide) was employed.
- Principal Updates were presented. Various current topics were covered.
- Superintendent Search
Mr. Williams gave a presentation on the latest updates re the Superintendent search.
Have a great day,