Last night was the regular school board meeting. The following is a summary of the meeting that lasted about 1.5 hours.
- Call to Order
- Student Awards
Awards were given to middle school students for spelling, essays and ACT success.Teacher Mrs. Storms was recognized for excellent work.
- Consensual Items of minutes and financial report were approved. Mrs. McGhee was recognized for her excellent work to obtain the school district a $1.8 million loan forgiveness from FEMA (Disaster Recovery Loan).
- Business Items
- Expenses > $10,000 were approved for City of Mayflower for the SRO, $11,186.00.
- Student Transfer for a grade 1 student from Conway was approved.
- A motion was made to show the Board reviewed the annual audit. It was a good audit report for the District.
- A staffing discussion was continued from our last meeting. This is the early planning for what staffing will be required for next year.
- The architect shared some draft planning for the next proposed field house. Email email@example.com if you would like a copy.
- No employment or resignations this month. The Board did approve a one-time bonus for all contracted employees of the District in the gross amount of $1,000.00. The plan is to have this available for the spring break.
b. The next step in the superintendent evaluation process is the adoption of the superintendent’s professional growth plan.The proposed plan for district improvement was adopted.The plan covers five areas.They are improving student learning, enrollment/attendance, accountability, hiring process and facilities.
Have a great day,