The following is a summary of the July Regular Board Meeting.
- Call to Order at 6:00 p.m.
- Consensual Items of minutes and financial report were approved.
- Business Items
- The following expenses over $5,000 were approved - Progressive Therapy for OT and PT Services, $6,876.00; Cousins Office Furniture for furniture, $6,338.28; IT Savvy for technology, $7,281.00; AR Dept. of Ed. For Medicaid Match, $14,200.09; SHI for technology, $7,589.91; PCMI-Willsub for substitutes, $11,489.02 and $7,376.60; Dycus Flooring for carpeting, $15,127.20; Merchants and Planters Bank of Newport for bond payment, $267,977.18; ASBA Workers Comp Trust for Worker’s Comp., $26,577.00; ASBA Risk Management Program for insurance, $52,110.64.
- Student Transfers from Conway were approved for Stella Jones age 4, Arian King age 14 and Savon Shelton age 14.
- HS/MS Access Roads were discussed. The Superintendent was asked to present two options to the County Judge for his input.
- Bids - Trash Service bid from Waste Management was approved. The repair and refinishing of the HS Gym Floor bid was awarded to Thorn Flooring.
- Purchase Card Policy as presented was approved.
- Policy updates as presented were approved.
- E Rate Grant was approved by the Board. It allows for a $79,828.37 upgrade to the District computer network at a cost of $15,828.37 to the District.
- Inventory Deletions as presented were approved.
- A funds transfer of $394,938.20 from the Operating Fund to Building Fund was approved.
- Resignations as listed were approved.
Kayla Brown – Pre School Teacher
Jessica Hancock – declined MS teaching position
Blake Tinsley – HS math teacher
Employment as listed were approved.
Band Director – Justin Berg as classroom teacher
Assistant Football – Tyler Shaw as classroom teacher
Pre-School Teacher – Tiffany Gregory as classroom teacher
MS Math – Kristen Farris as classroom teacher
MS LA – Laura (Holly) Phillips as classroom teacher
Food Service – Betty Bailey for food service
Termination recommendation of Jessica Kaplan was approved.
- Superintendent Evaluation was covered.
The meeting lasted about one hour.If you need further information, please let me know.